What are the typical examples for genetic tests clinical utility?
- Surveillance and monitoring frequency adjustment for a certain disease/drug
- Prevention strategies adoption, such as prophylactic surgery or medication
- Counselling about beneficial lifestyle changes (such as dietary alterations and nutritional supplement use), as well as risk situations to avoid (such as specific sports avoidance)
- Inclusion in clinical trials for new therapies
- Initiation of early onset treatments
- Informed family planning and family career decisions
- Selection of an appropriate drug and tailored dosage